Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Healthy Cookie?

Maybe cookies are not the most slimming snack around, but here are 5 ingredient substitutions that I use to make them a little healthier.

1. Grapeseed oil in place of Vegetable oil
2. Diced or small dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins) in place of candy
3. Dark chocolate 70% cocoa content or higher in place of milk/white chocolate
4. Organic cane sugar (I found it at my local bulk food store) instead of regular granulated sugar
5. Ground quick cooking oats in place of flour (Depending on my experience with the recipe, I will replace 1/4 to all of the flour that a recipe calls for)

I hope that helps to make your cookie cravings a little more enjoyable!

2 comments:

Sangeeth said...

Good tips thr! I would luv to try with these alternatives. Would they taste the same or different?Have you tried them?

Sangeeth said...

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciate it.