Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


These are the softest and chewiest oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever made. I found the recipe in my mom's old recipe collection. I sometimes add nuts, chocolate chips or other dried fruit in place of or in addition to the raisins.

Cream together:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

Beat in:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla


Combine the following, then mix it into the mixture above:
1 & 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt


Stir in:
2 & 3/4 cups oats
1 cup raisins


Drop by tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 min.

2 comments:

Smorg said...

I'm actually sad that I can't eat my monitor right now... These cookies are seriously mesmerizing me! :o)

Beauty and The Green said...

These are my absolute favorite. I want one of these sooooooooo bad........they look so gooooooood.