I was decorating sugar cookies this weekend and noticed that there were many things that would help me improve when it comes to sugar cookie decorating. There are so many ways to decorate sugar cookies, but I usually use royal icing and sometimes sugar sprinkles too.
Here are 10 simple tips that I think would have helped me decorate the cookies I made this past weekend:
1. Plan out the design that will be piped onto the cookie ahead of time
2. Make a list of all the icing colors and approximately how much of each color you will need before tinting the icing
3. Have all the supplies you need, ready and in one spot
4. Have a clean spacious area where you will be decorating the cookies. For instance a kitchen table, or countertop
5. Clean as you go
6. Decorate the cookies with friends or family so you have some good company
7. Listen to your favorite music while decorating the cookies
8. Have a few pictures of cookie designs on hand for inspiration
9. Practice piping the cookie design onto parchment paper first
10. Relax and have fun!
Do you have any tips on cookie decorating? Please feel free to share them in the comments section.