Thursday, May 9, 2013
Gluten Free Mocha Brownie Recipe
When friends or family have special diets, such as a gluten free diet, it is not quite as difficult as I once thought it was. I remember one of my "gluten free" friends came over for a birthday party and I only knew of a couple of things to make. That was a couple of years ago. Now, quite a number of friends and family are eating gluten free.
Brownies are such a popular dessert and the following recipe is great for those who are on gluten free diets and even those who are not!
15 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked and drained
¼ cup of water
9 tbsp. raw cocoa
¼ cup agave syrup
¼ cup coconut oil, soft, not in liquid form
1 can of drained garbanzo beans
½ tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. espresso, finely ground
Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Blend dates and ¼ cup water on high until it becomes a paste (in a blender)
3. Add eggs, cocoa, agave, coconut oil, baking powder and espresso; blend until smooth
4. Add garbanzo beans; mix on high until entire mixture is well incorporated, thick and smooth
5. Stir in chopped walnuts. (Optional)
6. Evenly distribute mixture into mini muffin tins (fills 30-32)
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes (until it passes the toothpick test); remove and cool on a wire rack
Pretty simple and they taste great too! I sometimes put them in the kids lunch for school and they love it!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to an affiliate. (Abe's Market)
Posted by Marie at 4:23 PM