Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies

My friend had made the dough for these peanut butter pinwheel cookies before coming over, so all we had to do was shape the dough into 1' thick squares.

Then roll them each of them out onto parchment paper. The chocolate dough (below) was rolled over crushed peanuts.
We then placed the peanut butter dough over top of the chocolate dough.


Using the parchment paper, we rolled the dough into a log.

We trimmed the rough ends off each end of the log.

Sliced the log into 1/4 inch rounds and placed them each an inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then we baked them.


Here they are, baked and ready to eat!

The chocolate peanut butter pinwheel cookies turned out very well. I am glad my friend chose to make these, because I have seen them before, but would not have attempted to make them on my own. It was fun and I can't wait to try experimenting with different flavors!
The full recipe can be found here.

No comments: